Skip to main content

Exciting News!

Retreat!!
Kim and Judith are hard at work planning the 2nd annual Spring Retreat. . .the house they're looking at is GORGEOUS and within a 1 1/2 hour drive--MUCH closer than last year. I've got a lead on a teacher that might be willing to join us and give us a dying workshop while we're there. . .exciting stuff is on the way. The committee is looking at early April--so start to save your pennies and clear your calendar!! We'll post links to the house and give you more details when things are finalized!

Ravelry!!

More and more of us are getting our invites! If you haven't joined, sign up for the waiting list here Linda said she was invited in around a month, so the invites are coming fairly quickly now. Believe me, you don't want to be left out of this REALLY COOL community.

Ann Arbor Fiber Fest

We had several last minute cancellations for this trip--but I went on Sunday with Suzanne and Kate. Met some new friends and spent some money! Pictures are coming soon!

Shop Hop
is coming!! Saturday, November 10 doesn't seem like so far away. . .Kim should be posting details here soon, and Camille will probably send us a reminder. . .see you then!

--tanya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We've Moved!

Our new location for guild meetings is Central Oaks Community Church in Royal Oak. Our blog is moving too! This site will remain as an archive of past events. For current information and happenings with the guild, visit our new Facebook Community Page :  BSKG Meetings & Events . See you there! Our other Facebook presence, the Group :  Black Sheep Knitting Guild , is still there for all members to post and share about knitting.

BSKG 1st Guest Post

Posted by Kim Whelan  "copyright Geneve Hoffman Photography" I have this friend; maybe you have one like her? She’s the kind of friend that has all these crazy, great ideas, and somehow, before you know it, you’re smack dab in the middle of something! This friend is the reason that I found myself starting a knitting guild (BSKG) with her a few years ago and found myself president of said guild a few years later. She is also the reason that I started designing patterns. I was just drifting along, calmly knitting away when she said “write a pattern, challenge yourself” That is how I came to write my very first pattern “Etta” which appeared in Lace One Skein Wonders . Now writing a pattern didn’t come easy, there were many mistakes along the way, but I stuck with it and finally I had a pattern I was proud to publish on Ravelry. After that first pattern I wrote a few more that I was lucky enough to have printed in some local publications. But that friend of mine,

March Guild Meeting with Melynda Bernardi

Our guest speaker,  Melynda Bernardi of French Press  Knits, was wonderful! She shared about her background as a knitter, how the name French Press Knits was chosen,  how she started by selling felted slippers and progressed in to writing patterns. Her work is beautiful and she brought several samples to share. Melynda graciously offered a discount on her online patterns for the month of March for our guild members!