Skip to main content

This Just In....

I received a few emails from Sally with information on some fun things going on downtown for knitters:
The DSO has made a special offer to knitters, your very own main floor section and a special price $25.00 (that's a savings of $24.00!) also if you bring your ticket in to City Knits within a week of the concert you get 20% off your purchase! Here is the link for the order form. http://www.cityknits.com/pdfs/DSO%20Knitters%20Order%20Form.pdf

Also this Tuesday (yes, tomorrow) the Knitty Gritty TV show will be videotaping a segment on knitting the People Mover with City Knits from 6-8pm. Sally will be there knitting away in the first car of the Fox 2 People Mover join her if you can, and (maybe) become a star!!!!

And don't forget our very own Sally will be performing in Nightnotes at Hagopian Rugs on Woodward in Birmingham this Friday evening advance tickets are $15.00 and they are $20.00 at the door. Bring your knitting and enjoy beautiful music as you stitch away. Here is the link for ticket info.
https://www.detroitchamberwinds.org/nightnotes_main.html

I have heard that a good time was had by all that took part in the field trip last Saturday to Mt Bruce Fiber Festival (and lots of purchases made) Many thanks to Chris for taking charge and getting everyone there and back.

There will be another trip next month to the Washtenaw Fiber Fest, details will be given out at next weeks meeting. There will also be info on the Shop Hop on Nov. 10th given out, Suzanne has graciously offered to be in charge of that trip and it promises to be a whirlwind day of fun and shopping!

I have heard from a reliable source, that we had more new members join last month so make sure you say hi to all the new faces! Don't forget to bring swatches with you next week to the meeting we will be learning how to seam. Happy Knitting!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Trying again, as my last comment did not go through. Yes, and I was not in a hurry for it. So here goes. I will be going Nov.10th to the shop Hop and my Daughter will drop me off at Anderson. I need the time. Of cours I will need the driver to take me to my home, at end of trip.Not driving is a you now what.
Sharon

Popular posts from this blog

We've Moved!

Our new location for guild meetings is Central Oaks Community Church in Royal Oak. Our blog is moving too! This site will remain as an archive of past events. For current information and happenings with the guild, visit our new Facebook Community Page :  BSKG Meetings & Events . See you there! Our other Facebook presence, the Group :  Black Sheep Knitting Guild , is still there for all members to post and share about knitting.

BSKG 1st Guest Post

Posted by Kim Whelan  "copyright Geneve Hoffman Photography" I have this friend; maybe you have one like her? She’s the kind of friend that has all these crazy, great ideas, and somehow, before you know it, you’re smack dab in the middle of something! This friend is the reason that I found myself starting a knitting guild (BSKG) with her a few years ago and found myself president of said guild a few years later. She is also the reason that I started designing patterns. I was just drifting along, calmly knitting away when she said “write a pattern, challenge yourself” That is how I came to write my very first pattern “Etta” which appeared in Lace One Skein Wonders . Now writing a pattern didn’t come easy, there were many mistakes along the way, but I stuck with it and finally I had a pattern I was proud to publish on Ravelry. After that first pattern I wrote a few more that I was lucky enough to have printed in some local publications. But that friend of mine,

March Guild Meeting with Melynda Bernardi

Our guest speaker,  Melynda Bernardi of French Press  Knits, was wonderful! She shared about her background as a knitter, how the name French Press Knits was chosen,  how she started by selling felted slippers and progressed in to writing patterns. Her work is beautiful and she brought several samples to share. Melynda graciously offered a discount on her online patterns for the month of March for our guild members!