Skip to main content

did ewe know...

that Rita Perrone & Heather Perrone are mother and daughter?

what was your first project & when?
Rita ~ I think my first project was a scarf for my then high school boyfriend.
Heather ~ an endless scarf when I was young.

what was/is your most difficult project?
Rita ~ the Corset Tank Top is certainly the most frustrating project. I startedit a number of times when I found a mistake I couldn't fix,
frogged & began again...
Heather ~ usually the project I'm currently working on

what was/is your favorite project?
Rita ~ I think the Fetchings I made as gifts this Christmas.
Heather ~ usually the project I'm currently working on

salty or sweet?
Rita ~ sweet of course. Chocolate rules.
Heather ~ yes.

tell us something interesting about yourself
Rita ~ I'm a mechanical engineer who loves to travel.
Heather ~ I took up spinning 10 or more years before I really started
to knit or crochet.

aside from knitting, what are you passionate about?
Rita ~ I'm an avid gardener, a crazy recycler and love Jazzercise and riding my bike.
Heather ~ My psycho cat & husband. Medieval recreation [Society for Creative Anachronism].

Comments

Tanya said…
so, is the husband psycho too? or is it just the psycho cat?

Also, isn't Heather up next for member trunk show? Rita's things last month were awesome!
Anonymous said…
The husband is psycho for a given value of psycho, he does like hitting people in the head with sticks. The cat however is definitely psycho (he will climb walls).

And yes I have a trunk show for March

Popular posts from this blog

We've Moved!

Our new location for guild meetings is Central Oaks Community Church in Royal Oak. Our blog is moving too! This site will remain as an archive of past events. For current information and happenings with the guild, visit our new Facebook Community Page :  BSKG Meetings & Events . See you there! Our other Facebook presence, the Group :  Black Sheep Knitting Guild , is still there for all members to post and share about knitting.

March Guild Meeting with Melynda Bernardi

Our guest speaker,  Melynda Bernardi of French Press  Knits, was wonderful! She shared about her background as a knitter, how the name French Press Knits was chosen,  how she started by selling felted slippers and progressed in to writing patterns. Her work is beautiful and she brought several samples to share. Melynda graciously offered a discount on her online patterns for the month of March for our guild members!

BSKG 1st Guest Post

Posted by Kim Whelan  "copyright Geneve Hoffman Photography" I have this friend; maybe you have one like her? She’s the kind of friend that has all these crazy, great ideas, and somehow, before you know it, you’re smack dab in the middle of something! This friend is the reason that I found myself starting a knitting guild (BSKG) with her a few years ago and found myself president of said guild a few years later. She is also the reason that I started designing patterns. I was just drifting along, calmly knitting away when she said “write a pattern, challenge yourself” That is how I came to write my very first pattern “Etta” which appeared in Lace One Skein Wonders . Now writing a pattern didn’t come easy, there were many mistakes along the way, but I stuck with it and finally I had a pattern I was proud to publish on Ravelry. After that first pattern I wrote a few more that I was lucky enough to have printed in some local publications. But that friend of mine,