and the step-by-step directions for picking up a dropped stitch without a crochet hook:
- Stop in the row you are knitting at the location directly above the dropped stitch—where the stitch should be on your needles
- Insert the tip of your left hand needle into the loop from the dropped stitch from front to back. Make sure the right leg of the stitch is in front so that the stitch isn’t twisted.
- Place the yarn from the row directly above the dropped stitch on the left needle to the right of the picked up loop.
- Use your right hand needle to pass the stitch over the yarn you just placed on the left hand needle.
- Repeat until you have come up to the row that you are currently knitting on. Make sure you pick up the dropped strands in the correct order.